The price is as cheap as cron job: $0.00010 / check and $0.00010 / message (sent only when your site has problem).
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Saturday, August 29, 2009
I've added Basic HTML Control Panel.
You can easily switch between two versions by clicking on 'Basic HTML' or 'Standard' link at date time line.
You can now receive notifications from SetCronJob when your cron jobs are executed.
There are 3 levels:
- Off: No notification (default)
- Fail (Failure): Only on fail.
- On (Always): Always send message.
When your cron jobs's notify level is Fail or On, the log feature will be automatically enabled.
Cost of a notification message is $0.00010, or 10,000 messages / $1.
So, when your cron jobs executed and a notification message was sent, it costs total $0.00020.
Recommended level is Fail (Failure), as this saves your money and my resources :)
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
From now all, when registering an account, you will get $0.05, or 5,000 FREE cron job executions (the old value is $0.01).
UPDATED: This stops after one week :) Now, you'll get $0.01 when registering with SetCronJob.
WHY? Because I love money $_$
UPDATED, again: Now you'll get $0.10 when registering with SetCronJob :)
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 11:00 to 12:00, all free accounts and cron jobs have been moved to new version.
The new balance is $0.5, or 50,000 cron executions.
Some accounts are deleted. If you have problem with logging in, feel free to contact me.
Nothing's changed with premium accounts.
Monday, August 24, 2009
From now all, once your account balance is less than $1, $0.1, $0.01, $0.005, $0.001, you will receive an notifying email from SetCronJob. This will be sent only one time, and can be removed if you unchecked 'Receive emails from SetCronJob'.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
You can check the log checkbox while create/save/enable cron job to let SetCronJob save the logs for you.
If a cron job have log enabled, you can view logs by click on logs icon.
At the logs panel, you can edit, save/enable, delete, and view the output.
Logs can be useful to know why your cron job is disabled by my cron daemon.
Saturday, August 22, 2009
You can now send money to your friend. Go to Control Panel > My account > Send money, enter amount (in dollar), username of receiver, then click Send. The receiver will get 95% of the amount.
An email will be sent to receiver to notify.
You can now change your email address: Go to Control Panel > My account > Change email, enter new email, click Change.
An email will be sent to new email address. You must follow that link to complete.
If you didnot click on that link, your email will not be changed.
Friday, August 21, 2009
I've checked my database and see someone registered with email addresses provided by disposable mail services.
Just for curious, I went to some of those services, and most of them say: We hate spam! Let them eat spam!
Do they know that their services are used by users to spam other sites???
Let them eat spam!
Their email addresses are now restricted from SetCronJob, and if I found someone use these email addresses to register, their balance will be down to $0.00001 :D
Because your mailbox will be disposed after a short time, e.g after 10 or 15 minutes. So, you can't receive other mails from SetCronJob. If you like my service and wanna deposit, you will not able to receive even thank-you message from SetCronJob.
And why? Because you will not receive any email like "Buy now Viagra" just because you register with SetCronJob :D
I will NOT spam you, so, please, don't spam me!
Thursday, August 20, 2009
- Change the connection time out from 2 to 3 seconds.
- Account balance can be less than zero.
E.g, you have $0.00011, and create a cron job with log result option (this costs $0.00010). After the first execution (costs $0.00010), your account balance will be $-0.00009, and you can not create/save your cron jobs, your cron jobs will not be executed.
- When you disable or delete a cron job, $0.00001 will be released to your account.
- Change what SetCronJob promised, your script will be executed within 150 seconds from set time, e.g if your script should run at 1:00 AM, it can be executed between 1:00:00 and 1:02:30.
- Add cron job every 8 hours.
- Change the exchange rate:
If you pay $1 - $4, your account will be deposited 100% of the amount.
If you pay $5 - $9, your account will be deposited 105% of the amount.
If you pay $10 - $19, your account will be deposited 110% of the amount.
If you pay $20 - $49, your account will be deposited 115% of the amount.
If you pay $50 - $99, your account will be deposited 120% of the amount.
If you pay $100 or more, your account will be deposited 125% of the amount.
You can calculate at Cron Hosting plans.
- Definition of fail cron job: Unable to connection to HTTP server, or (apply with cron jobs log result only) URL doesn't return http status 200 OK.
- The new daemon has been created for old version with connection timeout is 3 seconds, too.
If you don't want to receive emails from SetCronJob, go to Control Panel > My account > Change preferences, uncheck 'Receive emails from SetCronJob', click 'Save preferences'.
After that, you will not receive emails entitled:
- Account balance downs to zero.
- Cron job disabled.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
The migration link has been added at old version control panel. You can now move to new version, and get benefits!
In fact, this process just deletes old account and cron jobs, then send a bonus to new account.
You must register new account, move your cron jobs before do this.
- At the moment, you can not create cron jobs.
- When move to new version, you will get 50,000 cron executions ($0.5).
- After 2009/09/20, all of your cron jobs will expire. Your account will be deleted later.
- You can continue to use your premium account as before.
- When move to new version, you will get $0.5 and 150% of the money you paid for. E.g if you pay $20 for gold account, you'll get $30.5, or 3,050,000 cron job executions.
- On 2009/09/20, the migration link will be removed.
Why I create new version? Because it's good for you and for me:
It's good for you:
- New daemon which uses less resources, and so that less outgoing connection that eat the network resources. So, your URL can execute properly.
- You have an option to log your URLs' output, which is more reliable.
- When register an account, you get FREE 1000 cron job executions, which is enough to launch one cron job daily in 3 years!
- You can set cron job every 5 minutes, which is available only with premium account at old version. Of course, this costs more.
- You pay for what you use, and what you need. E.g, if your script only need running every 30 minutes, you can set cron job every 30 minutes, and this costs only $0.00048 a day.
If you decide to use cron job every 5 minutes, you may see it costs x2 of old version price. A cron job every 5 minutes in 1 year executes 12*24*365 times ~ 100,000 times = $1. So, with $5, you can set only 5 cron jobs every 5 minutes in 1 year. But in fact, you may change your cron jobs every time you want, and spend less money!
- You can pay a smaller amount, e.g payment with just $1 is accepted. But you're encouraged to pay more than $5, as the fee of my payment gateway for small payment is too high.
Of course, it's good for me. If not, why did I upgrade it?
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
- The price has changed from per year to per usage: $0.00001 / cron job execution, or 100,000 cron job execution / $1. When registering an account, you'll get $0.01, or 1000 cron execution, enough to have a cron job daily in 3 years!
- You can now view output of your cron jobs. Currently, time out is 2 seconds, and max data length is 3KB.
- New *special* cron daemon has been added. This daemon (I believe) will solve the problem with unreachable URLs (this prblm may come from too many HTTP outgoing connections). It uses less HTTP resources, more MySQL queries, has reasonable time usage, and should be faster.
- User passwords will be encrypted. Lost password feature will allow you to reset password.
- Adding some images at Control Panel.
- You can create unlimited number of cron jobs with minimum interval is 5 minutes. There's no expire day.
- Cron jobs which fails 3 consecutive times will be disabled.
- You can pay an amout which is multiple of $1, e.g1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,... dollars.
Currently, old version of SetCronJob is kept at http://old.setcronjob.com/
Free account cannot create cron jobs.
Premium account can create cron jobs, and cannot change account type.
Users cannot register new accounts nor upgrade current account.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
I've just added new creating form.
With this, you can create your cron jobs faster, with a predefined time interval, e.g every 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes, every 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12 hours, etc.
Btw, I added a quota bar. You can hover it to see how many cron jobs are created and allowed.
Friday, August 7, 2009
You can now name your cron jobs.
To create cron job with a name, simply enter some text in JobID field.
If you don't wanna create cron job with name, leave it blank "" or default "noname".
To rename a cron job, click on its name, enter new name, then click Save.
To remove name of a cron job, click on its name, delete it, then click Save.
If a cron job has name, the JobID field will display its name instead of ID.
This may be useful for who create lots of cron jobs, e.g 40, 100, 250 cron jobs.
Limitation: all characters instead of ', " and \ (these will be stripped), max length 10 characters.
Thursday, August 6, 2009
With $5, you can:
- Create 10 cron jobs every 5 minutes in 13 months (Bronze account)
- Create 20 cron jobs every 5 minutes in 7 months (Silver account)
- Create 40 cron jobs every 5 minutes in 4 months (Gold account)
- Create 100 cron jobs every 5 minutes in 2 months 15 days (Diamond account)
- Create 250 cron jobs every 5 minutes in 1 months 22 days (Uranium account)
* You can convert 1 year Bronze account (costs $5) into 6 months Silver acct, or 3 months Gold acct, or 1.5 months Diamond acct, or 22 days Uranium account.
After your account expire, your cron jobs lifetime will be changed into 1 months.
So, total cron jobs lifetime = account lifetime + 1 months.
Wednesday, August 5, 2009
Sunday, August 2, 2009
As I said, cron jobs unreachable will be deleted. However, this made a big problem: many users complained about deleting their cron jobs, which is ok when checked with SetCronJob.
So, I've make a small improvement: If your cron job is unreachable in 03 consecutive days, it will be disabled. To enable it, click Save and correct all error messages. It will not be deleted until expired.
Saturday, August 1, 2009
As I said, SetCronJob now unable to reach 000webhost, CBA.pl, and (recently) XAA.pl, etc.
So, if you are their user, you can't set cron jobs with your website. However, I've found a solution:
- Go to web-sniffer.net, OR adfreeproxy.com, phpmyproxy.com, etc (some proxy site with PHProxy Installed), or install PHProxy in your own site.
- Enter your URL.
- Copy the URL displayed in address bar, then set cron job with that URL.
It may be a bit slower, but at least it works! Please note that you're strongly recommended don't abuse them too much, as this can result in they ban SetCronJob's service! It's better to installed PHProxy (or similar things) on your own website, then use this trick!
Hope this help!
From now on, all accounts can create multiple cron jobs with same URL. For example, you wanna set up some advanced cron jobs like cron job daily, every 15 minutes at 8, 9, 10 AM, you can create 3 cron jobs daily, every 15 minutes, at 8 AM, 9 AM, and 10 AM :)
At the same time, there's only one instance of your URL is executed. For example, you set 2 cron jobs: every 5 minutes and every 10 minutes, so the final result is your URL will be called only one time every 5 minutes. (I'm using SQL SELECT DISTINCT).